2 Senior Inspectors
Jobs at:Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA)
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA) is looking to employ two (2) Senior Inspectors - Border Inspectorate for Livingstone and Lusaka to coordinate the inspection of importations of electronic communication equipment through ports of entry within areas of jurisdiction
Job Functions: Engineering
Industries: ICT - Information & Communications Technology
• Coordinate, plan and implement approved changes in the regions within operational requirements to meet changing priorities and improve efficiency in conducting imports control, regulatory compliance and trade facilitation;
• Ensure all importations of electronic communication equipment made via ports of entry in areas of jurisdiction are type approved and revenue collected is properly accounted for;
• Provide appropriate advice to Management on all operational matters relating to inspectorate offices at ports of entry within areas of jurisdiction;
• Ensure development and implementation of appropriate inspection strategies and work rota;
• Establish and maintain effective contact and liaison with government agencies present at ports of entry, industry and trade stakeholders;
• Resolve escalations of non-compliance at ports of entry in the areas of jurisdiction;
• Offer technical support to inspectors at ports of entry;
• Coordinate destination inspections for consignees within the areas of jurisdiction;
• Maintain a database of importation of electronic communication equipment;
• Represent ZICTA in monthly border committee meetings; and
• Coordinate interventions of inspectors in Asycuda World platform.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum qualification being a Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications engineering
• At least three (3) years of post-qualification work experience.
• Must be a member of a relevant professional body.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in certification of electronic communication equipment;
• Detailed knowledge of standards and tests used for certification of electronic communication equipment and interpretation of their test report;
• Conversant with the incoterms used in international trade;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Asycuda World Platform and operations at ports of entry into Zambia;
• Knowledge of emerging communication technologies;
• Conversant with type approval regulations and requirements;
• Competence in Microsoft office packages - Excel, Word and Power Point;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• A valid Class B driver’s licence;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision; and
• Honesty and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.