Jobs at:Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA)
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority ( ZICTA) wishes to employ nine (9) Inspectors across the borders of Livingstone, Kazungula, Chirundu, Nakonde and Lusaka to monitor the type approval compliance of all imports of Electronic Communication Equipment (ECE) destined for Zambia at the ports of entry and to compile statistical reports on imported ECE for purposes of estimating potential e-waste generation and revenue generation. The jobholder shall also be in charge of maintaining the ECE imports database.
Job Functions: Engineering
Industries: ICT - Information & Communications Technology
• Review all declarations for importations of electronic communication equipment made in Asycuda World;
• Physically inspect all imports of Electronic Communication Equipment at the ports of entry into Zambia;
• Prevent the importation of noncompliant electronic communication equipment and prohibited equipment at the ports of entry into Zambia;
• Seize all importations of prohibited electronic communication equipment;
• Compile statistical reports for purposes of estimating potential e-waste generation for the country;
• Compilation of the monthly imports revenue report; and
• Sensitize importers, dealers and consignees of electronic communication equipment about type approval regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• At least 1 year of experience in the telecommunications / electronics or electrical engineering industry;
• Minimum qualification being a Degree in Electrical, Telecommunications, or Electronics engineering; and or
• A Diploma in Electronics, Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering, with not less than 5 Years of work experience.
• Must be a member of a relevant professional body
• Conversant with the various types of Electronic Communications Equipment (ECE) and systems;
• Ability to identify the various telecommunication fraud equipment;
• Knowledge of reliability testing and inbuilt obsolescence values of various types of ECE;
• Detailed knowledge of type approval regulations and requirements;
• Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Honesty and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.