Junior Civil Engineer
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
• This role is responsible for the maintenance and projects works in the process plant civil maintenance and repair section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect, maintain, supervise all civil site work in the Fixed plant section; to ensure that work is being performed according to specifications.
• Prepare and/or review plans, specifications and cost estimates for civil works in the fixed plant when required.
• Review and approve where required construction and service contract payment estimates and/or invoices.
• Analyse ground profile levels, seepage rates, spillage trenches and civil structures.
• Prepare progress and completion reports as required.
• Supervise and monitor the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
• Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce.
• Understanding the design and as built drawings of fixed plant site infrastructure.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
• Ability to register as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia.
• 3 + years’ experience in process plant environment
• 3 + years’ experience in construction
• 3 + years’ experience in project works will be an added advantage
• The ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and Engineering.
• The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
• The ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions.
• The ability to identify, formulate, and solve Engineering problems.
• The ability to use techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary for Engineering practice.
• Must have working knowledge of Windows computer systems.
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• A valid Zambian driving license.
• Must have problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent organization and managerial skills and a methodical approach to work.
• Must have ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
• Must have the ability to work to deadlines and within budget.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
• Must be able to work without supervision.
• Must have a confident decision-making ability.
• Must be detailed oriented.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.