Jobs at:Ministry Of Water Development, Sanitation And Environmental Protection
Deadline of this Job:
30 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambians for the position of Procurement Specialist for the Lake Tanganyika Development Project (LTDP) to be stationed in Mpulungu, for a period of two (02) years. .
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for planning, supervising and coordinating procurement activities for works, goods and services according to the Procurement Plan.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Initiate procurement requirements by different stakeholders of the Project Prepare Procurement Plans and updates in consultation with the concerned stakeholders.
• Develop institutional systems and procedures of procurement and give advice to implementing organizations (MWDSEP, Provinces and Districts) to ensure that procurement is carried out according to AfDB and Government guidelines, rules and procedures as applicable.
• Develop/update the procurement manual as necessary and ensure participating staff are aware of its provisions.
• Keep up to date database with domestic/local and international market trends and costs for works, goods and services.
• Take the lead in the pre-contract activities including facilitating preparation of bidding documents and requests for proposals in consultation with MWDSEP using AfDB Standard Bidding Documents as applicable and take the lead in ensuring compliance to approval requirements of the AfDB and the Government in the procurement.
• Take the lead and guide the PCU/MWDSEP, Provincial and District offices in negotiating as applicable and in finalizing and signing Purchase Orders or contracts with works contractors, suppliers or consultants.
• Work jointly with Finance and Administration sub-units on procurement issues.
• Receive and secure Bid Bonds, performance and advance payment guarantees and track their validity, seek extensions as needed and ensure timely release.
• Work with the assigned Financial Management Staff and follow-up on all necessary process of securing Letters of Credit, shipping documents and clearance of goods etc.
• Establish a Procurement Tracking System and monitor implementation of projects procurement activities including dispatch of procurement documents, short-landings, damaged and necessary arrangements for insurance.
• Guide/support the Project Coordinator assigned for each contract and ensure that there are effective contract management systems in place for timely execution of contract and that all payments are in line with contract provision.
• Prepare Periodic Status Reports on the procurement of works, goods and services under the project for submission to MWDSEP and AfDB.
• Conduct procurement and contract management training for participating staff.
• Undertake any other duties, related to the Project procurement that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications And Experience
The candidate must have:
• A minimum of Bachelor's Degree (BSc) in Purchasing and Supply Management or a Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management (CIPS Level 6) or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in procurement and supplies, of which a minimum of three (3) should have been with a donor funded Agency/Programme
• Experience with AfDB funded projects is an added advantage
• Must possess a Valid ZIPS Practicing License
• The candidate must be familiar with public procurement, legal, administrative and institutional system of the AfDB and the Government;
• Procurement experience with donor funded Projects; Computer literate with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Access, or equivalent and the ability to develop, install and manage databases;
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries;
• Strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills; and Excellent communication and presentation skills, and must be fluent in English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained from the office of the Director, Environmental Management Department through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application letters, in a sealed envelope marked "PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST" should be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to the address above or hand delivered to: The office of Director, Human Resources and Administration, Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation and Environmental Protection, Third Floor, Mukuba Pension House, LUSAKA. The closing date for receiving applications is 26th October, 2020. Mabvuto Sakala (Mr.) PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.