Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for several positions for anticipated health programs in southern Africa region. The projects will aim to work with and strengthen local health systems to deliver high impact health interventions, particularly in the areas of maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition, malaria, and family planning.
Project Director .
The Project Director will be the primary point of contact with funder with regards to day‐to‐day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project. The Project Director will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed.
Program activities may include: multi-stakeholder workshops on prioritization of needs and development of action plans, learning and research activities, data analysis and use to inform improvement and decision making, strengthening quality assurance and improvement systems, organizational and institutional capacity and system performance assessments, capacity and systems strengthening technical assistance, leadership and management capacity strengthening, grant making to local partners, development of guidelines and tools, technical assistance for the development of national policies and strategies, and technical and material assistance to support implementation of national strategies. This position will oversee the entire project team and will report to an FHI 360 Regional Director based in South Africa.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 10 years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex programs in a developing country context which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
• or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex programs within the private sector in a developing country context which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of varying organizations/institutions;
• Documented experience in providing technical assistance to government officials and non-government partners and stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in working with commercial and non-governmental organizations to yield results toward common goals;
• Excellent organizational, analytical and oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for-profit and non-profit sectors;
• Knowledge of Southern Africa health systems, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, adolescent and nutrition services, and capacity strengthening
• Grant and Contract management experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of different funder policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation; and
• Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
Job Education Requirements: MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.