Senior Management and Implementation Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jhpiego seeks a Senior Management and Implementation Advisor to provide management and implementation capacity building for DFZ secretariat, health office and health facility staff for an upcoming a Department of Defense-funded community-based HIV program in Zambia. The program aims to support the Defence Forces of Zambia (DFZ) to provide standardized, evidence-based interventions that are designed to promote adoption of HIV prevention behaviors and service uptake for all military and other uniformed services as well as other priority populations served by the military health services. The program will emphasize capacity building across the program focus areas of HIV prevention, HIV Testing Services and Health System Strengthening. The program will operate over a four-year period.
Working closely with DFMS counterparts, the Senior Management and Implementation Advisor will support DFMS to develop, cost, implement, and monitor annual plans that deliver quality HIV services to achieve PEPFAR and DFMS annual objectives. The position will introduce techniques and tools to guide planning and budgeting, schedule and cost monitoring, and risk and change management . The position will be will be seconded to DFZ.
The Senior Management and Implementation Advisor will provide technical and programmatic support to central and sub-national health office teams to improve the effectiveness of performance management systems, including individual performance appraisals and institutional performance management. S/he will work closely with a team of technical experts to ensure project objectives are achieved and course corrections are identified and implemented as appropriate.
S/he will work closely with the Program Director to ensure effective organizational management and communication with Zambian government at all levels, and international partners and agencies.
This position is contingent upon award from the Department of Defense/ Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DOD/DHAPP). Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. .
• Facilitate DFMS strategic planning and support development of annual operational plans to realize long-term strategic goals
• With ZDF counterparts, co-design and co-lead annual institutional planning using an evidence-based planning process and building host institution capacity in the same.
• Development of tools, systems, and improved processes to strengthen the annual planning process.
• Introduce project management to define scope, schedule and cost based on Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD-Pro) approaches
• Work with the MER Advisor and DFMS counterparts to develop data driven culture incorporating service delivery statistics with schedule and cost performance data informing management decisions to achieve results
• Introduce change and risk management systems
• Establish management-focused performance standards and monitor DFMS performance against the standards
• Support DFMS to identify and utilize operational efficiencies to improve service delivery.
• Work closely with DFMS to identify opportunities to develop staff and guide performance
• Support DFZ to develop of for site commanders and other leaders
• Strengthen ZDF resource use efficiency, planning, and mobilization.
• Improve staff capacity for and quality of data for decision-making to identify problems and to monitor performance.
• Prepare timely report and recommendations following performance assessment and utilizing performance assessment electronic system and tools, and supportive supervision
• Coordinate across project team of technical experts to effectively and efficiently plan and implement project activities.
• Capture and synthesize recommended solutions for identified performance gaps and translate them into actionable remedial strategies.
• Establish knowledge management system enabling sites to information, challenges, and successes.
• Serve as focal point to introduce and operate telementoring to DFZ
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with DFMS
• Ability to work well in a team
• problem solving skills
• a strong customer focus
• ability to priorities workload
• attention to detail
• Master’s Degree in public health, health administration, public administration, business administration preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in applying strategic planning, business development, stakeholder management, and project management skills and/or in a mid-management (project administrative, operational, or financial) position for large development projects that have implemented successful activities in areas such as: HIV; health systems strengthening; individual and/or institutional capacity building; mentoring and coaching; and/or strategic information.
• Previous experience working on a DOD-funded project preferred. Other international donor-funded programs also good to have.
• Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of local capacity development efforts, including working with local partners, DFZ and sub-national government institutions to ensure quality, impact, and sustainability of interventions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in planning and management, human resources, organizational and individual performance assessment, among other management support areas/functions.
• Ability to conceive, execute, and lead strategic initiatives but also high attention to detail with a hands on approach.
• Expertise in translating evidence into practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
• Intimate understanding of DFZ health system and HIV prevention and treatment service delivery gaps and opportunities, and strong relationships with local government agencies.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Experience developing strategic plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical and operational capacity of staff. Previous experience building the capacity of government and/or military staff preferred.
• Ability to interact with senior DFZ officials and established networks of senior level international health professionals, and other partners.
• Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, team-building, and facilitation skills.
• Ability to travel nationally up to 40%, as needed.
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree in public health
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.