Jobs at:FHI 361
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for several positions for anticipated health programs in southern Africa region. The projects will aim to work with and strengthen local health systems to deliver high impact health interventions, particularly in the areas of maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition, malaria, and family planning.
Technical Director .
The Technical Director will support and advise the Project Director and other project staff on various technical fields related to the program (e.g. RMNCAH, health systems strengthening, policy reform and implementation) and help design the strategies and approaches to achieve expected results. The Technical Director will provide strategic technical direction and oversight for the development, coordination, and implementation of complex and diverse sets of interventions to produce the project’s expected outcomes. S/he will ensure that the project provides high-quality capacity building processes and solutions. S/he will report to the Project Director and supervise a team of technical advisors and officers providing cross-cutting support to the project’s technical assistance and systems strengthening activities. S/he will collaborate closely with the MEL Director (particularly on designing and implementing project learning and adaptive management strategies and approaches), and the program, grants, and finance and operations teams.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Medical degree with master’s degree or its equivalent in public health, health administration or related field.
• At least 10 years progressive experience public health programs especially maternal and child health, FP, nutrition, quality improvement, and/or health systems strengthening. Preference to be given to prior experience in southern and eastern Africa.
• Demonstrated leadership capacity to build and lead technical teams.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level officials particularly interacting productively, proactively and comfortably with national and subnational government officials and institutions, NGOs, private sector groups, CSOs, and donor organizations.
• Experience in staff management and performance monitoring are highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of and experience with US Government funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English required.
Job Education Requirements: Medical degree with master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.