- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Behavior Change Communications Expert
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
03 April 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Position:
Behavior Change Communications Expert – (Lusaka Position)
The position exists to manage and lead the delivery of the Behaviour Change Communication component in response to the Covid 19 Pandemic. The incumbent will develop the Behaviour Change Communication Strategy for Plan Zambia, attend the National Level IEC development Task Force Meetings chaired by Ministry of Health where Plan Zambia has been co-opted, generate, review and ensure generation of behaviour change communication information and (IEC) materials. Ensure inclusion of Behaviour Communication Change approaches in all new program designs, this will include Behaviour Change Communication messaging to promote the uptake of health interventions, particularly Covid 19 prevention, care and treatment, among priority populations (including children, girls, young women, and other high risk groups). .
• Design and implement behavior change communication strategy, provision of training and technical assistance to support behavior change intervention
• Contribute to the development of external project communications materials, such as success stories and social media content
• Work in collaboration with key stakeholders including line Ministries to develop community radio, drama, or other communication strategies to make information and critical discourse about Covid 19 counselling to the public and target audience
• Support development of BCC strategies, materials, media messages, and implementation plans that reflect global best practices.
• Ensure effective communications within the organization and with stakeholders at all levels • Assist in knowledge sharing and partner collaboration efforts and provide support to relevant technical working groups
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Public Health/Social sciences or related discipline.
• A Master’s Degree/post graduate qualification on development communication will be an added advantage
• At least five years of experience in BCC programs
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in behavior change communication and training/capacity building; project documentation
• A fair understanding of gender transformative programming is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications close Friday 3rd April, 2020. Please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.