- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chiefdom Lead Officer
Jobs at:BioCarbon Partners Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14th October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CHIEFDOM LEAD OFFICER VACANCY
The primary role for this position shall be to facilitate and support community livelihood projects to completion, execute energetically in community information sharing and mobilization, build community institutions capacity, and lead efforts to find decisive ends to wildlife habitat encroachment. Key outcomes of success will be improved quality of lfe in target communities, detailed robust data collection, the absence of grievances, incredible relationships with partners and Government, and successful annual REDD+ project verification and zero encroachment.
The position, based in Chinyunyu, will assist to manage community conservation, livelihood impacts and partnership building. The position works closely with community, private and Government stakeholders to deliver positive community impacts and target zero deforestation in project areas. The position requires advanced management and team building abilities, as well as skills in data management, conducting field work in rural Africa, advanced spreadsheet skills, excellent English writing skills, knowledge of community engagement approaches and community based natural resources management principles and approaches as well as a willingness to live and work in rural Zambia. The main tasks will be managing stakeholder partnerships, supporting partners to achieve continental-class operational effectiveness, catalyzing capacity building of community based natural resource organizations and Government partners, developing scalable alternative livelihood interventions, ensuring data systems work and are used in adaptive management, and coordinating logistics and building forest management capacity amongst partners. This role has the exciting opportunity to be a key liaison with our partners. The position will require a willingness to engage in fundraising efforts. The candidate is expected to be a relationship builder, and coach. .
• A key and trusted liaison between BCP and our valued, strategic, and long-term partners in the communities. We are here to support, and build the capacity of, our partners to achieve their mandates: full stop.
• Support effective liaison with partners limiting deforestation within REDD+ Zones in project areas.
• To support and build capacity of the Community Resources Boards to select and implement community development projects
• To support and build capacity of the Community Resources Boards to function as an accountable transparent community institution including facilitation of periodic review meetings
• Serve as a liaison with Government and Community partners to support the improvement of effective conservation management, and to ensure the execution thereof.
• Ensure impact monitoring capacity is built and data is collected consistently.
• Coordinating infrastructure development in community project zones to completion.
• Provide ongoing support to community partners to ensure operations in Chiefdom are managed to targets.
• The development and implementation of regular standard operating procedures (SOPs), systems, and policies that support BCP’s vision of continental-class conservation management and to make sure agreements work..
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A qualification in a related field, with advanced partnership development skills.
• Advanced report writing.
• Management skills.
• Knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building amongst community institutions.
• Project Management, people management and leadership skills. We’re looking for someone who wants to make a difference, puts team and partnership first, and has integrity.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified