- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Copperbelt Operations Coordinator
Jobs at:Mercury Express Logistics
Deadline of this Job:
October 13, 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To oversee the general functions of ground operations by ensuring that the life circle of all shipments international and domestic – IB,OB are processed according the standard recovery, manifest ticking, on time deliveries, POD communications, collections, manifested, connections, transits, DEBRIEF, alerts. .
• Arrange and facilitate for trucks on dedicated loads
• Ensure that all shipments are delivered on time
• Monitor and provide feedback to both the internal and external clients on dedicated loads
• Monitor dedicated loads movements and provide feedback to both internal and external clients.
• Work hand in hand with the commercial team in route and rates development
• Ensure timely communications to the Services / operations manager of all challenges faced from day to day running of the operation
• Monitor consolidated truck movement from Lusaka all the way to Solwezi and back report issues but facilitate to meet expected stand.
• Ensure that all shipments are accepted in Ground ops against a trucking manifest.
• Ensure that the manifest is ticked immediately and shipments sorted accordingly within 30min of recovery and report all the discrepancies and resolved before dispatching to other station.
• Monitor the collections, deliveries to ensure that there is no missed PUD
• Ensure that all partners, flights, rates are managed to the benefit of Mercury Express Logistics
• Ensure over time is as per agreed by the line manager
• Week end International and domestic procedures are managed properly
• Ensure daily checking of shipments in the bagging room – for ensuring direct movements and route planning
• Ensure material connection and advise all
• Quick escalations and reaction to operations matters
• Ensure all shipments are positively identified repair & return, DOX, NONE DOX, DG, HIGH VALUE and correctly processed as such
• Adherence to product Terms & Conditions
• Daily briefing with the ops / services manager as per agreed
• Manage motor bikes, Motor vehicles and ensure that you keep track of fuel usage.
• Ensure staff and shipment security to avoid unnecessary losses
• Ensure that the operations reports are done daily and sent to the National services Manager and Copperbelt Manager
• Manage leave days and Overtime for the courier
• And any other duties assign to you by management from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
1. Grade twelve certificate
2. Diploma in CILT or any Logistics related course
3. 3 years’ experience in logistics environment
4. 1 year on supervisory levell
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified