- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Data Management & Analysis Specialist
Jobs at:Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA MINISTRY OF HEALTH LUSAKA PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position: Job Title: Data Management and Analysis Specialist Location: Lusaka Provincial Health Office Job Purpose: To coordinate and supervise data collection, aggregation and processing of data in order to facilitate storage and retrieval of information as well as lead in data analysis for decision making. Reports to: Team Lead – Strategic Information and M& E .
• Design and development of data collection tools for supported programs.
• Support to effectively provide site level data quality control measures, identify problems and provide feedback to program and facility staff.
• Lead the data analysis efforts and provide feedback to the program teams and facilities.
• Establish or strengthen data management systems for the program that will enable storage of information sources including SmartCare, DHISII, DATIM and facility reports.
• Undertakes effectively, monitoring and evaluation of data systems in order to facilitate generation ofquality data for project interventions.
• Coordinates capacity building and training of M&E staff in order to enhance data management processes.
• Undertakes timely, development and review of systems in order to ensure user friendly systems.
• Lead in design and creation of routine performance monitoring data collection tools as needed
• Supervises effectively the Compilation and Submission of all the required reports for management, MOH, CDC and other partners, accurately and timely in the templates provided; and
• Supervises effectively, human and material resources in order to attain the set objectives of the Unit
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with minimum of five credits including Mathematics, Science and English
• Minimum Degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Demography or related field
• Strong quantitative or statistical experience required
• Strong ability to extract, analyze, model and interpret data
• Minimum of Three (3) years relevant job experience in the same field.
• Experience managing and manipulation of large datasets
• Proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills.
• Added Advantage ;
• Proficiency in statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, SAS etc.
• Experience in relational databases and writing SQL scripts ; and
• Master’s Degree in any of the Disciplines mentioned above
• Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Trustworthy and Honest.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies where applicable to the address below by 15:00hrs, Monday, 16th September, 2019. An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of One (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance. Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Provincial Health Director Lusaka Provincial Health Office 3 Saise Road, Longacres P. O. Box 32573 LUSAKA