- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Dean of Student Affairs Unit
Jobs at:The University Of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
21st September, 2019.
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNIVERSITY OF ZAMBIA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position at the University of Zambia:
DEAN OF STUDENT AFFAIRS UNIT
JOB TITLE: Dean of Student Affairs
PURPOSE: Responsible for planning, organising, coordinating and directing non-academic and social welfare services for students of the University of Zambia and advising management on formulation of student /personnel policy guidelines..
• Controls and coordinates all activities and operations of the Unit;
• Initiates formulation of policies and guidelines governing the welfare of students;
• Ensures implementation of policies and guidelinesgoverning the welfare of students;
• Advises Management on matters pertaining to student governance, performance and extra-curricular activities;
• Superintends over the allocation of hostel accommodation, Directs and monitors individual or group counselling or advisory services;
• Presides over sports, socio-cultural, recreation and extra-curricular activities for students; Ensures that sport facilities are developed and maintained;
• Coordinates planning and implementation of the Unit budget, and ensures prudent utilisation of financial and physical resources;
• Ensures that hostels are maintained, including sanitary facilities;
• Enforces discipline in accordance with the Student Disciplinary Code of Conduct; Supervises subordinate staff and ensures that performance appraisal is conducted for all staff in the Unit;
• Directs the preparation of quarterly and annual operational performance reports.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Grade 12 certificate or its equivalent; Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences/Counselling/Education or any other relevant field from a reputable University: Master's degree in Social Sciences/Counselling/Education or any other relevant field from a reputable University; Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in an education institution at senior management level;
• Must be a member of a professional organisation, and • Must be computer literate.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable references and contact address/ telephone/e-mail details. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope. Applications to be sent to: The Registrar University of Zambia PO Box 32379 Lusaka Closing date: Friday, 21st September, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.