- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deputy Chief of Party
Jobs at:Society for Family Health
Deadline of this Job:
16th August 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deputy Chief of Party, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health)
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM – HEALTH) to be based in Lusaka to support the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $35-38m 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences through expanded availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector.
The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of the project operations including the technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training staff. The DCOP will directly report to the COP in activity implementation and management. The DCOP will take over leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. This position is responsible for coordinating the various technical experts and aligns them to all the program activities.
USAID /Zambia intends to grant a five year, $35 to $38 million cooperative agreement to improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences. The Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) activity will accomplish this by sustainably expanding the availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector, improving health knowledge, and increasing the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. Within the framework of a total market approach (IMA), the activity will employ private sector approaches such as social marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with commercial and for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes.
USAID defines the Journey to Self-Reliance as a country’s ability to plan, finance, and implement solutions to solve its own development challenges. As outlined in USAID’s recently released Private Sector Engagement Policy (available at: https://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid/private-sectorengagement/ policy), the private sector has an important role to play on this journey as countries seek to mobilize additional resources to address development challenges. Through the ZAM-Health activity, USAID /Zambia intends to strengthen Zambia’s private sector healthcare delivery platforms to improve the sustainable provision of quality products and services and to reach underserved audiences with quality healthcare. ‘Private sector’ refers to both commercial, for-profit entities and nonprofit, non-governmental organizations including faith based organizations and social marketing organizations. The term ‘private sector healthcare providers’ includes private hospitals, private clinics, pharmacies, and health shops..
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, economics, Business or Public Administration, international development, or related field;
• At least 8 years of experience in implementing public health programs in sub-Saharan Africa or other resource-limited settings;
• At least 6 years of experience developing governance and management of programs with the private sector;
• Working knowledge of and experience with USG funded activity management, policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of and experience in health financing, and social marketing;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and develop and maintain effective relationships with Government officials;
• Proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Other skills and attributes
• USAID Experience. You have good experience in health project management with USAID, ideally in Zambia.
• Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
• Results Oriented: Knows how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact.
• Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for your colleagues. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 6 years
Job application procedure
This position is contingent upon funding
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV.
Clearly indicate in the subject line of the email “Deputy Chief of Party – ZAM Health”
Closing Date: 16th August 2019.