- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Rio Tinto
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the role
We are looking for an Exploration Manager to deliver discovery by maximizing exploration effectiveness and efficiency for multiple jurisdictions/limited commodities or multiple commodities in limited jurisdictions. The role is required to understand and interpret the technical, fiscal, legal, commercial, economic, community and corporate drivers that impact upon creating value through discovery. This role is a great opportunity to lead a complex regional exploration team to deliver to the Rio Tinto Group ore bodies capable of becoming large, low-cost, long life mines, through discovery, joint venture, and acquisition. The role has a strategic focus as well as operational accountability. .
Reporting to the Exploration Director, you will;
• Prepare and manage exploration budgets
• Manage the application (depth and breadth) of appropriate exploration techniques and technology (e.g. geophysics, geochemistry, sampling, remote sensing, drilling, resource modeling);
• Manage all HSE, CSP, assurance and compliance related activities by setting and monitoring objectives to ensure standards are met and provide leadership by anticipating current and future risks and managing these;
• Improve workforce capability and develop talent to meet current and future needs; ensure effective practices are implemented for managing and developing staff at all levels within your area of responsibility;
• Evaluate programmes which provide the greatest potential reward at acceptable levels of risk and cost, and prioritise available resources to the strongest projects, and identify and exit failing projects;
• Create new business opportunities through entry to new projects or environments by identifying high potential opportunities and entering into appropriate commercial agreements eg. options or joint ventures through evaluating current and future legal, commercial and technical frameworks;
Job Skills: Not Specified
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• A passionate desire to participate in discovery
• Solid field experience across a variety of geological environments and mineralisation styles including experience of porphyry and/or sediment hosted copper
• A sound appreciation of the requirements and drivers for commercial success within an Exploration environment and the implications for planning, evaluating and managing work programs within this environment;
• Proven leadership skills including the ability to build and develop high performing teams across professional, technical and corporate support functions;
• Well-developed strategic and operational management skills to plan, manage and deliver significant and complex programmes of work;
• Proven ability to nurture and leverage creativity and innovation to develop and deliver new business opportunities;
• Well-developed stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of external stakeholders to develop relationships and advance Rio Tintos business operations;
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with other business unit leaders to achieve outcomes that generate value across Product Groups through the sharing of knowledge, experience, resources and skills;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Where you will be working
Exploration and discovery have been the driving force behind our business for nearly 150 years. Exploration Africa-Europe is building a strong technical team in Zambia to undertake the safe prospecting and technical evaluation of potential copper developments within the region. Initial prospecting activities will include geological mapping, drilling and resource modelling; complemented with community and environmental characterisation work.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. Weve developed some of the worlds largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. Youll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
All progress begins with pioneers at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website https://jobs.riotinto.com/ShowJob/Id/450315/Exploration%20Manager
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.