- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Finance & Admin Officer – Intern
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world bymobilizing the power of people against poverty. Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
As a confederation, our values are Accountability, Empowerment and Inclusiveness.
Empowerment: Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can be a catalyst for change.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staffand volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam started working in Zambiain the 1980s. Since then, we have implemented both development and humanitarian programmes to support practical and innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty.
We work with local stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the root causes which keep people in poverty.
Oxfam is currently collaborating with the Government, internationaland local CSOs, UN Agencies and other stakeholders.
Oxfam envisions Zambiafree of extreme inequality and injustice; a society where citizens and particularly women across all age groups claim and exercise their rights and responsibilities and can influence decisions that affect their lives.
Our one country program aimsto promote women’s rights, good governance and accountability, resilient livelihoods, as well as enhance preparedness, reduce vulnerability to disaster and ensure an effective response to humanitarian crises.
To provide financial management support to project teams and partners institutions in compliance with Oxfam policies’ ensuring that accounting information is properly provided to inform management decision-making. .
Planning, Budgeting and Utilisation of Financial Resources:
• Contributes to the production of monthly management accounts, quarterly management accounts, half year reports, Annual finance reports, statutory accounts
Maintain Financial Information System:
• Inputs and checks accuracy, completeness of supporting documentation and validity of financial data before posting into people soft
• Reviews payment vouchers to ensure that correct budget codes are charged and also approvals have been made with appropriate delegated authority
• Generate finance reports -preparation of month end bank and balance sheet reconciliations
• Analysis of financial data for upward decision making
Reinforcement of Internal Controls:
• Part of the team that reviews and maintains financial management and internal controls systems in the office to maintain the financial integrity of Oxfam.
• Ensures compliance with established Oxfam corporate policies as laid down in the financial policies and procedures manual
• To assist in coordinating audits for project
• Petty Cash
• Facilitate the administration of Petty Cash (prepare paper work and have it duly authorised)
• Write timely reports on Petty (after every Petty Cash Count)
• Ensuring adequate Petty Cash levels at all times
• Assist finance and logistics with preparation of necessary paperwork in respect of some payments as requeste
• Work with Logistics to ensure adequate support for visits, conferences, meetings, seminars and workshops
• Work with Logistics to manage office consumables
• Manage first aid kitssupplies
• Support HR dept with compiling of leave reports, medical payments and filling
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
• Diploma/Degree in Accounting
• Team workerand strong inter-personal skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft spreadsheets
• Excellent written/oral communication & listening skills
• Good numericskills
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Diploma/Degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If your qualifications meet the requirements, and believe in Oxfam values-please apply via email at HRZambia@oxfam.org.uk .
The closing date is Friday, 10 July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidateswill be contacted.Oxfamis an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.