- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
03 April 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Positions:
Finance Officer (Yes I do) – Chipata, Eastern Program Area (Temporal position 9 months) Position Description:
The position is exists to ensure that grant related financial records for the ‘Yes I Do’ project are accurate and up to date in all the Plan Systems and provide effective financial support to staff in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities. The Position reports to Finance and Administration Coordinator at the Programme Unit. .
• Preparation of payment vouchers and journal entries to input correct financial records in the Financial System
• Review and monitor project advances and ensure proper accountability of funds.
• Review all Project Outlines to ensure budget allocation conforms to approved donor budget
• Work with the Programme and Business Development team to ensure that project budgets are properly implemented and help with any budget re-alignments that may arise
• Ensure timely preparation of monthly /quarterly/yearly project reports and submit for review as per grant reporting requirement
• Provide necessary documentation to support project expenditure reports.
• Provide technical support to project staff on project management and reporting
• Ensure effective monitoring of country project budget
• Track and ensure compliance to donor rules and regulations
• Coordinate submission of time sheets for funded project staff and ensure these are properly completed and approved.
• Undertake field project monitoring visits and offer financial support where necessary
• Track project budget changes and ensure correct current Approved Budget is maintained in SAP and that activities are in line with plans and FAD documents and any revisions thereof.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Possession of a Higher National Diploma in Accounting
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
• 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
• Well versed in computerized accounting applications
• Ability to take charge of grant related accounting functions in the absence of the Grants Accountant.
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards
• Knowledge of Donor funding rules and regulations
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications close Friday 3rd April, 2020. Please send an email to email@example.com . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.