- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Graduate Mapping Geologist
Deadline of this Job:
09 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Graduate Mapping Geologist
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Geology
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for a suitably qualified individual to be considered for the position of Graduate Mapping Geologist.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Geology, you will be responsible for establishing a continuous mapping program that collects structural and geological information from all available resources. .
• Structural and Geological Mapping, inclusive of pit areas.
• Determination of the structural and geological controls on mineralisation.
• Facilitate digital and manual geological and geotechnical data collection techniques for use in structural geology and geotechnical analysis.
• Delivery of validated triangulation data (e.g. meshes, wireframes) of geological and geotechnical elements.
• Integration of the structural dataset into a more combined geological/structural/geotechnical user friendly dataset.
• 3D geological modelling and maintenance of current geological and structural models.
• Specific Project Work as directed by the Section Coordinators.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 Certificate
• BSc Geology Degree (or related studies)
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Willingness to learn
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
To apply please visit https://jobs.barrick.com/jobs/graduate-mapping-geologist-5544
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.