- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Human Resources & Administrative Assistant
Jobs at:John Snow Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The project led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates and mothers2mothers, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Human Resources & Administrative Assistant (HR&AA)
Reporting to: HQ HR Point Person for the Province / Provincial Operations Manager
Position Type: Full Time
The Human Resources & Administrative Assistant is a full-time position based in the provincial office. S/he will be expected to allocate 80% of their time on day-to-day HR administration and 20% on providing administrative and logistics support services to personnel of the SAFE provincial Office. .
HR Duties and Responsibilities;
• Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation and administration of the HR activities at provincial office;
• Undertake interviews call scheduling and other communications;
• Maintain a tracker for end of contracts, probation evaluations and annual performance assessment and ensure timely follow ups on staff due for evaluations/assessments;
• Assist with employee orientation, staff development, and training logistics and recordkeeping;
• Assist to prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information;
• Support with employee relations matters and benefits administration issues;
• Assist with Medical insurance employee registration and attend to queries
• In collaboration with the HR provincial supervisor, conduct employee induction and orientation;
• Work with finance on consultant contracts and documentation to ensure timely payments;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the management of travel arrangements for personnel and visiting headquarter staff (where applicable), including hotel bookings and airline reservations;
• Manage office filing system and handling official project documents confidentially;
• Set-up and maintain a computerized tracking sheet for all correspondence sent from personnel to other staff and partners;
• Help in the organization of conferences/retreats with maintaining schedules and ordering food;
• Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events; and
• Perform other tasks as required.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration, Office Management or any related field;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines;
• Ability to manage office equipment like computers, fax machines and projectors;
• Good record filing and secretarial skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software;
• Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal English skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter (cover letter should include the last position held) and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Closing Date: Wednesday, 4 March, 2020
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.