- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Legal Advisor and Company Secretary
Jobs at:Bayport Financial Services
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Oversees the legal department and provides company secretarial solutions and services to ensure the company complies with Financial and Legal requirements in line with Corporate Governance rules. A key part of this role will be reporting into the Board of Directors, and ensuring that Shareholder relations are managed effectively. .
• To provides expert legal advisory services to the Board of Directors, Executives and Senior Management on matters relating to legal regulatory and Company Secretary.
• Drafts various Legal Documents on behalf of the company.
• Interprets and explains the legal implications of various contracts and documents to the company’s Management and the Board.
• Works in consultation with External Counsel on all litigation matters affecting the company.
• Explains any changes in legislation and its implications on the company’s Business to the Board and Management.
• Prepares Board/Board Committee Meetings Reports and provision of Secretarial Services.
• Issues Notices for AGMs and provides secretarial services during AGMs.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Executive office or the Board / Board Committees from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia (AHCZ) Certificate.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience
• Qualification as Chartered Secretary would be an advantage.
• Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.