- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
03 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Project Manager for the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which will operate in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
Essential Job Functions include
1.1. Project Management
• Manage the project to meet the project objectives, within budget and within the allocated time frame and report promptly any operational concerns to the Project Coordinator and national partnership office.
• Provide strong leadership of the entire project team, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local line ministry departments and other stakeholders.
• Contribute to development and implementation of effective interventions for the project, including data collection and reporting and monitoring tools, job aids and data quality assurance processes.
• Set clear objectives and indicators for project activities in collaboration with the national headquarters Project Coordinator, national partnership office, the funding partner, project staff and, where appropriate, with the local communities.
• Continuously monitor and supervise project activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data, and involving the project team in analysis and taking appropriate action as needed to ensure continued progress.
• Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of project implementation.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to DAPP and donor time frames and formats.
• Contribute to new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps.
1.2 Staff Management
• Line-manage the District Coordinators and other assigned project staff, including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
• Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives and current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
• Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff to develop ownership for project activities.
• Assess the capacity of each of the project staff and ensure that appropriate capacity development is initiated and undertaken, and new skills are used in the field.
1.3 Financial Management
Manage the project budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the DAPP standards of financial management, including accountability and good governance.
1.4. Communication and Coordination
• Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures within the project team, with DAPP coordination office, DAPP partnership office and other relevant stakeholders, with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
• Participate in national and project level coordination meetings, DAPP internal trainings, and other working groups or meetings, representing DAPP and feeding back to the project staff on relevant issues.
• Support and streamline the logistics activities of the project, particularly in relation to the purchasing of supplies and equipment for the assigned project facilities and activities.
• Liaise, as necessary, with finance and procurement staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
• Maintain and secure project equipment and other valuables in good condition and have a comprehensive database and coding system.
1.6 Quality Management
• Promote and use WFP and DAPP operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
• Ensure project activities are implemented in line with donor guidelines and requirements and in accordance with DAPP and international standards.
1.7 Stakeholder Engagement.
Promote and embrace stakeholder inclusion in a multi sectoral approach and management of the project for sustainability.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree or qualification in food and nutrition, food science, agriculture or other related field.
• 4 years post-qualification professional experience in management experience working in a nutrition/ health/agriculture programme
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook.
• Good numerical, report writing and administration skills and problem solving ability. • High levels of personal integrity
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 3rd July, 2020.
• The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
• Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
• Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
• Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
• Please submit applications to these emails: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.