- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Provincial M&E/HI Team Lead
Jobs at:Eastern Provincial Health Office
Deadline of this Job:
06 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SALARY: A competitive package will be offered to successful candidates on annual contract basis.
PROVINCIAL M&E/HI TEAM LEAD (1Position) .
The incumbent is a program specialist and key project public health technical advisor for HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support Data Management. S/he serves the project under the supervision of the Project (CoAg) Manager. S/he is responsible for implementing and executing project M&E program goals so that larger project goals are met. .
The Job holder works at a project technical level with the Ministry of Health staff, other PEPFAR implementing partners, non-governmental organizations, contractors and community sub-grantees to coordinate the design and ensure appropriate, high quality implementation and strengthening of monitoring systems and evaluation projects as defined in the Country Operational Plan (COP) as well as other project data needs. The incumbent assists the project to plan, initiate, conduct, evaluate, and coordinate complex HIV/AIDS M&E and to monitor program implementation, document and present results, and translate data into meaningful policy and program improvement. Quantifying progress towards targets set for PEPFAR and the Provincial HIV response requires public health technical knowledge, results-oriented data analysis, advocacy, and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with partners at both implementer and district levels. The Jobholder represents the project on M&E issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors. The jobholder is expected to provide effective leadership to a pool of M&E/HI specialists at provincial, district, and facility level in order to ensure that project M&E contributes significantly and as required, to achievement of project goals through proper demonstration of results and learning. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Masters’ Degree or higher in Demography, Statistics, public health, epidemiology, evaluation and monitoring with specialization in quantitative aspects is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience working as an M&E specialist in a health/medical research organization, university or public health program, PEPFAR implementing agency or in-country PEPFAR Implementing partner mechanism is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Fluent in English, (speaking, writing and reading) is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with district, provincial, national and international working partners and to prepare written reports. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology, data quality assurance, analysis reporting and best practices in data dissemination and data use is required. Good knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required. High level of competency in managing data information and evaluations on large scale health or HIV/AIDS activities is required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should send:
1. A formal application letter or cover letter;
2. A current CV;
3. Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
4. Contact information for at least three professional references.
The Principal Investigator:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.