- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Safety, Health & Environmental Officer
Jobs at:KM and M Business Consultants Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
16th August 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the following vacant position.
Title: Safety, Health and Environmental Officer
Department: Safety, Health and Environmental
Reports to: Safety, Health and Environmental Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: –
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
• Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
• Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior
• Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
• Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
• Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels of credits or better
• A Degree in an Environmental field / Health and Safety or any other relevant qualification
• Relevant professional certificate in Health, Safety and Environment
• Computer literacy
• Membership of a Professional Body
• Five (5) years relevant experiencee
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Interested persons should email their CV’s to email@example.com Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)