- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Sector Manager, Luangwa
Jobs at:BioCarbon Partners Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14th October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BCP seeks three skilled and driven managers to scale up our social and conservation impacts and build amazing high results teams. One Sector Manager role will oversee BCP’s operations in the Lower Zambezi ecosystem (based in Lusaka); one will oversee BCP operations in the Lower Luangwa area (based in Nyimba); and one Sector Manager will oversee BCP operations in the Luangwa ecosystem (based in Mfuwe).
We are looking for purpose-driven managers with exceptional team building and management skills who can make a difference in remote and/or rural locations. The positions are rural and the Sector Manager will be expected sometimes to camp in basic conditions and to be independently mobile, including the use of motorbikes, aircraft and vehicles as means of transportation. .
• Management: Oversees all sector operations including livelihoods project delivery, engagement, forest conservation, land management, community institutional building.
• Coordination: Oversees new site selection activities, and provides overall engagement, logistical and coordination support to field teams.
• Livelihoods: Assists livelihood activities through direct implementation, and/or overseeing the work of sub-contractors. Develops meaningful community benefit schemes within the district in cooperation with various Partner originations, Government and other stakeholders.
• Engagement: Maintains a cooperative working relationship with all natural resource agencies operating within the district, community-based organizations, civil society and other stakeholders.
• Delivers skilled facilitation and engagement.
• Reporting: Responsible for reporting and budgeting, and supporting teams to do the same.
• Financial Management: Works with Operations Director to develop and administer annual budget and site work plan.
• Communications: Responsible for information that will be utilized to develop blogs and communications updates.
• Oversight: Ensures the proper maintenance and use of all project equipment and facilities and Governance – Supports capacity building of community-based governance institutions and stakeholder partners.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced partnership development skills.
• Advanced report writing.
• Knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building amongst community institutions.
• Project Management, people management and leadership skills. We’re looking for someone who wants to make a difference, is a great collaborator, and has integrity.
• Experience with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
• Management, administrative and organizational skills.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with REDD+ a plus.
• Pilot’s license an advantage..
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified