- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Administration Officer
Jobs at:John Snow Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The project is be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates and mothers2mothers, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Senior Administration Officer
Position Type: Full-time
The Senior Administration Officer will organize the office set up and will be in charge of daily operations, supervise administrative and office assistants and will report to the Provincial Operations Manager. S/he will assist with administrative services and will assist the entire project staff and visiting consultants. S/he will serve as head of administration and will ensure the smooth flow of the day to day office work. .
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure that all USAID regulations and JSI’s policies are implemented and in place;
• Assist with all aspects of administrative support to staff, directory maintenance, equipment inventory and storage;
• Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning;
• Prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information;
• Manage office filing system and handling official documents confidentially;
• Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events;
• Help in the organization of conferences/trainings/workshops with maintaining schedules
• Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the office;
• Ensure that staff are well set up and comfortable in the office and surrounding premises;
• Oversee management of the office storage system including detailed record keeping of inventory levels, and monitoring of use by staff as appropriately required;
• Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants including office setup, hotel accommodations
• Conduct Hotel/Lodges bill/invoice analysis
• Opening and closing of offices
• Coordinate with Administrative Assistant and other staff to create and maintain administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner; • Serve as the direct supervisor of the administrative assistant, Clerical Officer and other administrative staff as assigned; • Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning; • Work with the Regional management to ensure safety and daily security of office premises; • Oversee maintenance of all office supplies and equipment, including the scheduling of routine maintenance, and oversight of outside services providers (except IT); • Serve as a liaison with office landlord, assisted by the Finance & Administration Manager and / or the Regional Director, when necessary; • Manage various service contracts in coordination with the Finance & Administration Manager for security, drinking water supply, generator maintenance, etc; • Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required by the Finance & Administration Manager.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• First degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field, with at least 5 years of office management experience in an international organization or multinational company;
• Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
• Experience in inventory management;
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
• Excellent written and verbal English skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Experience working with an international NGO preferred; and
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter (cover letter should include the last position held) and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Closing Date: Wednesday, 4 March, 2020
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.