- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Marketing Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Society for Family Health
Deadline of this Job:
16th August 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Marketing Technical Advisor, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health)
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Senior Marketing Technical Advisor, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM – HEALTH) to be based in Lusaka under an anticipated $35-38m 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences through expanded availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector.
The Senior Marketing Technical Advisor will lead private sector engagement and market development activities under the project. The Senior Marketing Technical Advisor will work in collaboration with the ZAM-HEALTH management team with a focus on private sector engagement, including among other, identifying opportunities for Public Private Partnerships (PPP); developing and implementing a strategy for the development of markets (from the supply, demand and enabling environment sides) for multiple health products and services based on the results of the current and upcoming market assessments; analyzing the portfolio of health products and/or services and, in conjunction with commercial actors, develop a plan towards cost-recovery of certain products and/or services.
USAID /Zambia intends to grant a five year, $35 to $38 million cooperative agreement to improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences. The Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) activity will accomplish this by sustainably expanding the availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector, improving health knowledge, and increasing the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. Within the framework of a total market approach (IMA), the activity will employ private sector approaches such as social marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with commercial and for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes.
USAID defines the Journey to Self-Reliance as a country’s ability to plan, finance, and implement solutions to solve its own development challenges. As outlined in USAID’s recently released Private Sector Engagement Policy (available at: https://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid/private-sectorengagement/ policy), the private sector has an important role to play on this journey as countries seek to mobilize additional resources to address development challenges. Through the ZAM-Health activity, USAID /Zambia intends to strengthen Zambia’s private sector healthcare delivery platforms to improve the sustainable provision of quality products and services and to reach underserved audiences with quality healthcare. ‘Private sector’ refers to both commercial, for-profit entities and nonprofit, non-governmental organizations including faith based organizations and social marketing organizations. The term ‘private sector healthcare providers’ includes private hospitals, private clinics, pharmacies, and health shops..
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, logistics, international development, or related field is desirable;
• Experience working with the private sector in Zambia and/or (Southern) Africa (at least 3 years’ experience);
• Recognized expertise (at least 8 years) in at least one of the following areas: pharmaceutical/health product distribution and marketing, health services marketing, connections with the Zambian private sector and varied sectoral/interprofessional groups, implementing development projects with the private sector, in particular health financing schemes and/or market development;
• Demonstrated success improving the effectiveness and efficiency of product and/or service delivery marketing in the private sector;
• Proven leadership and management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff;
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to persuade through influence.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Other skills and attributes
• Excellent communications skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Organizational skills
• Problem solving skills
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
Note This position is contingent upon funding PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV. Clearly indicate in the subject line of the email “Deputy Chief of Party – ZAM Health” Closing Date: 16th August 2019. To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com